Well, the semester is off and rolling. It seems like time is going by so quickly. There are still Christmas packages that I have yet to mail.
As a result, I am a bit slow in doing this "End of Year Meme" that I saw over at Maggie's. I am confident that you will forgive me.
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
No – Why? What have you heard? Should I be looking?
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Well, I am always looking. Everybody needs a hobby.
3. New house?
Oh.My.God.No. My horrific experiment with home ownership has left me traumatized. I am content to keep renting my little cottage. Besides, I am so broke and in debt that I probably wouldn't even qualify for a mortgage on a porta-potty.
4. What will you do different in 08?
I will be drinking bourbon in ways that I never expected to do. For most of 2007 (and earlier), I shied away from the brown liquors. Foolish! I was blind, now I see.
5. New Year's resolution?
I pledge to master the Manhattan Cocktail. It will be my gift to human kind.
6. What will you not be doing in 08?
Running for president.
7. Any trips planned?
At some point, I need to go to Chicago (which I love). My family is also planning some sort of group-trip to the east coast. I still have not been to the core of Decaying Midwestern Urban Center. Finally, I would like to return to Boston. Only a fraction of these are likely to happen (see aforementioned brokeness).
8. Wedding plans?
As a gay man, it is my apparent responsibility to undermine the sanctity of heterosexual marriage. It’s what keeps us gays looking youthful.
9. Major thing on your calendar?
End of Semester: April 17.
10. What can’t you wait for?
End of Semester: April 17.
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
It would be nice if American voters a) actually voted and b) voted based on what would be good for the nation rather than voting based on their hatred of gays, feminists, Mexicans/Mexican-Americans, African Americans, people in the Middle East, non-Christians, or any other group. I am not optimistic (Hello, President Huckabee).
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
The snail’s pace at which I am completing the Never Ending Research Project of Doom.
13. Will you better your relationship with your family?
Ah, family. Can’t live with them, can’t shove them in a trunk and drive them over a cliff.
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
Well, I don’t think that I am exactly mistreating them now. Why? What have you heard? Oh, right -- That trunk thing.
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 07?
Yes – In addition to the star-spangled panties, you can expect more time in white jumpsuits.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
I would quit drinking, but I don’t want to.
17. Major lifestyle changes?
Have I mentioned the bourbon thing already?
18. Will you do charity work?
Currently I am slotted to host a cocktail fund-raiser for the local MFT queer youth group in March. That is my ideal type of volunteer work -- One that involves serving liquor. Beyond that, I am not sure. My other volunteer effort has been thwarted so far.
19. Will you go to bars?
In my mind, I am already there.
20. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
Um – Yes. – Who wrote this meme? All of these questions about being nice suggests that somebody clearly ate their birthday cake in 2007.
21. Do you expect 08 to be a good year for you?
I try not to expect anything.
22. How much did you change from this time last year till now?
It is hard to measure – Unless we are talking about my hairline, which has sadly moved significantly backwards. sigh
23. Do you plan on having a child?
I do not. It would be infinitely preferable to have a fully autonomous robot who could tidy up my house.
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
Of course. Why? What have you heard?
25. What happened in 07 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
I moved to Midwestern Funky Town.
26. Will you be moving?
I really, really, really hope not. Moving suuuuuuuuuuucks.
27. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 08 that happened in 07?
I intend to trust my instincts about people much more. Usually my big mistakes involve disregarding what I know to be true and, instead, believing what the other person tells me to be true (It's a little life lesson that I keep failing at over and over again).
28. What are your New Year's Eve plans?
I went to a friend’s house.
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
I did, but did not avail myself of that option.
30. One wish for 08?
A happy end to the Never Ending Research Project of Doom.