Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Take Your Mother Out...


Although I didn’t expect it to affect my mood one way or another, the end of the house has actually left me in a pretty darn good place. The sun has been shining in Boston and the temperatures have been mild. What more could a gay boy want?

My mother is also coming for a visit for the next few days. I thought about dubbing her “MotherProf,” but given that she is not a professor, it seemed like I was forcing it.

In preparation, the apartment has received a massive cleaning. Battling mold can be remarkable satisfying to me. I am not sure why... Probably some type of control issue. Great – More therapy.

Annnyway, I plan to do some touristy-stuff in Boston that I have not yet had a chance to do. I am also considering a drive to Salem where there is a Bewitched statue! Oh, and I guess something historical happened there, too. But, whatever...

While I am away, be sure to talk among yourselves. I left some money on the counter for a pizza and there is some beer in the fridge.

Also, watch this video. As with most things, I heard about it first from Dorian:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Center of Momitas" is the best sobriquet I could come up with, and it ain't no damn good. Your mom's name should just be "Lynda."

vuboq said...

I'm kind of partial to "Mother of Gravitas." Thanks for the beer and pizza money. Can we help ourselves to the vodka in the freezer, too?

Steven said...

I just noticed that it's Milwaukee's Best beer in the refrigerator. Ewwwwww! Gay men have never had good taste in beer.

I always did like the Copley Square area of Boston with Trinity Church and the Library across the square. I hope the visit goes well with Mom.

Marius said...

"Center of Momitas" and 'Mother of Gravitas" . . . LOL, good ones. Ok, so we have pizza and beer. Now let me find my favorite Scissor Sisters CD and let's party!

Anyway, I'm glad you're in a good mood. Have fun!

dykewife said...

gayprofsmom comes to mind. anyway, i'm glad the weather is nice, the mildew/mould is battled and the mom is coming to visit. i hope she cooks lots of wonderful comfort food for you.

This Boy Elroy said...

I really like Salem. There's a hokey witch "museum" with poorly executed audio animintronics that are nowhere near as sophisticated as those that used to be in the Carousel of Progress. Still it's fun. Be sure to visit The House of Seven Gables though! I really enjoyed that.

tornwordo said...

Hope you have a great time with Mommy. I'm spending the weekend with mine too, albeit in a different city. See you next week!

Doug said...

I knew there was a reason things seemed happier. I'm glad the weight is off your shoulders.

Give Mama a hug for us.

LOL @ the video. "Earthquake Katrina" indeed!

Anonymous said...

I see that note I left in the suggestion box about "More Scissor Sister song titles" did not go unnoticed. Yay!

r said...

Great video clip.

Have a good weekend with mom; What about the little swan boats?

Roger Owen Green said...

Hey, Mom of GP: Do all the touristy things. I hear they have a baseball team in your city, if that's your cuppa. The historical stuff's nice but yes, see the swans.

Anonymous said...

Btw, in the tradition of Napoleon, who once pondered the question whether his mother should be called 'Queen Mom' (she never was a queen actually, so it did not appear so much of an obvious choice), you might resort to calling your mother 'Madame Mère'.